Thursday, February 26, 2015

Words on a snowy day

 
 
Hello there...
My computer has a patch job, so it is working...how long...no one knows
I wish I could say the same thing about blogger....and picasa...I still can't post photos
 
and what am I without pics
just words.
 
so it will have to do...except for the photo above taken on our way home from Galena Il
 
snow and sunshine and blue skies and clouds....add fields and hills
and you have magic being sighted
 
Here's a poem....a little one written by Valerie Worth
 
 
 Snow
 
Garden's, fields,
the far hills,
lie deathly
with white winter,
 
Wide drifts
and heavy deeps
made only of
each snowflake fallen,
 
Like these many
still falling, these
few still alive
on my sleeve-
 
None anywhere
ever like
this one, this
very one.
 
 
When I stop and remember this small poem
...remember  it
after just having grumbled about another day of snow and cold
I am taken down with shame
 
Have I really lost the child within?
The power of poetry...ahhh
 
I am a child again
happy and joyful
filled with awe at what I see before me
a miracle of tiny flakes
glistening
their beauty back to where they have come from
 
I glisten too
 
..the power of just words
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Perfect words for a snowy day! Having just had to drive in a huge snowstorm, snow and I have "broken up" for now. But in thinking about your words and the verse, I may just have to make up with it!

    --Hope our computer stays fixed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok ok i will stop grumbling...seriously though we have been out of school 8 out of the last 10 school days...we need some school...ha...even the kids are over it....but ok, i will stop grumbling and just play with my boys tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the grip of one of Vermont's coldest winters on record. Such a way to experience our first year as full time Vermonters! But it is gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful and we are blessed to have a cozy home, a fine old wood stove and windows to watch the snowfall from. Besides, spring will find her way to us...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful indeed Suz, especially when imbued with wisdom and love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo is beautiful and the poem is a wonderful reminder to cherish the uniqueness of each moment -- even snowy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suz, Your picture is a poem! How beautiful and I love your description.....it draws my eye to every part of the picture....Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I am so glad your back. And snowflakes are a wondrous thing...he news never reports the miracle of their uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, my friend, for your encouragement to keep blogging. I've decided to stick with it. At least for now. Trying... Glad we are doing this together - side by side. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...