Saturday, December 21, 2013

Today it begins
The Christmas whirlwind
2 weeks of family
all gathered together
and my daughter is due anytime now
to give birth to little Tuula
plans...?....who can make plans
with all this going on
Joy
that is what is going on here
pure joy
Oh Lord



Decorating and preparing
takes on a different flavor
when there are children involved
So I have my favorite Christmas hymns and carols
blasting away as I prepare the way
 
 
 
I'm actually loving all this chaos
I am listening to Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel
and my heart is just about bursting
from nostalgia and love
nostalgia for the family that is no longer here
and love
for God with Us

Now to bake cookies
...

8 comments:

  1. Sending you best wishes for peace, joy, health and happiness, Suz. Enjoy these weeks with your ever expanding family! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Suz!! Can't wait to hear the news of your new grandbaby and to see pictures! Hope you have a wonderful celebration this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O komm o komm Emmanuel! I didn’t even know it exists in English.

    So much joy, so much happiness, you are like a breath of fresh air in all this racing around I get elsewhere.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy that chaos...and the new little life that will be joining you soon...
    we did christmas at my father in laws today so we are into our whirlwind as well
    still gonna make sure we take time just to be as well...

    merry christmas to you...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a Merry Christmas, Suz! Looks like you already are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, merry merry Christmas to you and everyone around. Thank you for this post, it just brought back the Christmas feel that was missing and how about sharing the cookie recipe?
    Enjoy the season to be jolly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful preparations for a very merry time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful time of year for a birth...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...