Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Serpent of Notes/ Magpie #83


                                                     a prompt from Tess, at Willow Manor


 Notes

I saw his shadowy form and was afraid,
listened as he played a reed,
watched as serpents slid out of trees,
out of water,wrapped themselves
around his naked darkness.
The light of night hung in the sky behind him
illuminating a path under his feet.
I stood in the sound, wanting to be like it.
The serpent of notes plunged into  my ears,
calling me to my belly to crawl to him
 who played what I desired
...an apple at his feet


http://magpietales.blogspot.com


17 comments:

  1. i stood in the sound wanting to be like it....hot line suz....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seductress and the seduced...you've told a story of dualities, and it's hot!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an evocative write! Love that ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good, Suz! Loved the idea of the apple, takes us immediately to another Garden where snake played an important role!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sister! Although i have to read it thrice... Nosebleeding... LOL! :-)

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm - I like it! Especially the part where the serpent of notes plunged into your ears...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suz,
    This is good, intense and a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The light of night hung in the sky behind him

    An no doubt dazzled her eyes! Great Magpie, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. an apple at his feet,

    ....

    every and each line is divine.
    truly powerful magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great, erotic read. Yes images of another garden come to my mind too..

    ReplyDelete

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...