Sunday, January 1, 2012

The garden reflected in a single drop of rain that hangs from a trellis.
Life can be so simple , so beautiful, so quiet...sometimes.
Life on our first day of this new year. It is my husband's 63rd birthday today.
A new year's baby. ...a Capricorn
We had roast beef and boiled potatoes and green beans. Simple, beautiful
and the house was quiet...a sleepy kind of lazy day.
The kids are doing their own thing having seen and spoken to their father yesterday and this morning.
After our afternoon meal we talked about age. Are we old I asked him?
I don't know about old, but I think we are considered seniors....he said as easy as a gentle rain.
Oh lordie.....not me..not us....we just started.
Then he took his tea into the other room and I sat with the cat on my lap who was purring away.
....a good life....a good year past
hopefully, God willing..a new year ahead.
What do I wish to do this year...should I set goals.....ponder desires?
Maybe. I have an itch to pick up my illustrated discovery journal and begin again,
see what changes there are in my choices...unearth those desires
maybe  I will do just that.

Reflection in a drop of rain....good start.

7 comments:

  1. You know the hell of it is, we seldom begin to really start living until life is half over!
    Here's to a happy, healthy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is a beautiful start to a New Year -- poised to capture a moment. Best of luck to you, Suz, in all your endeavors in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you Sis Suz and your husband... happy birthday to him by the way.

    Good luck and God bless! hugs!

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful atmospheric post Suz, happy birthday to hubby. What is age but an opportunity to grow and by that I do not mean grow old.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to your husband...i hope the new year treats you both well regardless of age...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Suz...long time, eh? I love this post...so calming to my frazzled soul. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo. I hope that you continue to write this blog and your reflections of life. I love to come here and read.

    ReplyDelete

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...