Friday, November 13, 2009

Lines and Circle

 



I love structure in the garden. I need structure in my life. This is an interesting pairing of line and circle. Add a dash of mother nature's colored leaves and you've got something for the eye to pause on.
I paused quite a bit today. Little guy woke up with a fever and a very nasty cough. Off he went to Immediate Care with grandpa and his mom while I stayed behind watching over the other two who were sick with colds and hadn't gotten much sleep last night. I sat with a hot cup of coffee and just thought. Living is so fragile,like the tellis in the above picture made of bent wood.
Posted by Picasa
Unlike the brick wall behind it, it will probably only last a few years at best. But look at the beauty, the right touch in that garden to soften the wall. Structure is the overlooked ingredient in the garden,otherwise there is a an uneasiness there, or a scatteredness....as in life.

Handsome,my feral cat, showed up to get fed, and I swear he gave me one of those kitty eye things. Happy cat eyes, that's the only way I can describe it. When I opened the door to feed him, about 6 mourning doves fled from the Horsechestnut tree enmasse. They make a shrill sound when they flee...Who do they make it for? Each other? Their perceived enemy? Thought after thought floated through my mind and before I knew it I had forgotten my worry. The joy of gifts freely given if you're there.

I've been on the lookout for lines lately. Lines always seem to go somewhere, if only into the distance. But a circle, now that is God's line. It returns into itself,and yet goes on and on.
And I see it everywhere,too.

All is well.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos. A nice little distraction from my boredom. Still under self prescribed house arrest due to the heat. Too hot in the studio. I do spend little bits of time in there until it becomes too unbearable. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone is feeling better, Sue.

    ReplyDelete

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...