Tuesday, October 20, 2009

After lunch..hookie

When I returned home from my lunch date, I went to the mailbox... Junk mail and catalogs. My DH got one from Brooks Brothers. I was sitting at the kitchen counter,the warm autumn sun shining brightly on the catalog in front of me. I started to breeze through it and was stopped by a photo of a woman in a wrap. Something about the way her head was turned.. turned me to get my paints out. I have never painted a person before... This time I just did a brief sketch...and tried to be breezy with the paints....not too much detail....boy I got in the zone.  My husband walked through the door, looked around, then at me, with paints and brushes all around, and he just shook his head.
I love that man.

3 comments:

  1. Does painting feed your soul? Bring you joy? If so, nurture that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red,I'm still trying to figure that one out...lately..yes. But I am more drawn to writing. So what the heck is going on with me,I don't know!
    Maybe all those artists I'm hanging around with?

    ReplyDelete

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...