Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Before Winter Comes with Suitcase in Hand

My friend, Elena, has been discussing angels lately. She "knows" they are around her. Well, I agree with her. If you have ever read the book," Sacred Space" by Denise Linn, you'll learn there is a way, at least it's her way, and now my way (you remember I said I liked symbols and ceremony and rituals?)to ask for their presence. Elena got me thinking about refreshing my corners. Maybe replace the gifts I offered in my four corners surrounding my house. Today, while the skies are blue.

Here's from the book,"Sacred Space":
"Calling for angels of the four directions
Another way to bring protection to your home is to ask that four great tall angels stand around the outside of your home. Imagine that their wings are spread, creating a great canopy of light and love over your home. Here is an invocation to call these beautiful Beings of Light:

ANGEL OF THE SOUTH  I call upon the Angel of the South. I ask that you bring safety,protection and love to this home. May the gentle rains of heaven cleanse and heal all within this home. I give thanks for your presence.

ANGEL OF THE WEST  I call upon the Angel of the West. I ask that you bring safety,protection and love to this home. May the warmth of the sun fill all who enter this home with light and love. I give thanks for your presence.

ANGEL OF THE NORTH  I call upon the Angel of North. I ask that you bring safety,protection and love to this home. May the stability and strength of the earth fill all those who enter this home. I give thanks for your presence.

ANGEL OF THE EAST  I call upon the Angel of the East. I ask that you bring safety,protection and love to this home. May the warm winds of heaven blow gently on this house. I give thanks for your presence.

THE CREATOR  To the Great Spirit that dwells within all things I ask for guidance and love for all who shall enter into this home,that we may grow in peace and love. I give great thanks for your loving presence.

You can either sit in meditation to call these angels or literally go to four areas around the outside of your home and call one angel in each of the four directions. Then leave a gift for that angel,such as a pretty stone,a feather or a flower. It is a native custom that whenever you ask for something you leave a gift."

That's it.
I have a marvelous rock that I found on a walk this summer and some feathers, and oh yes, a large bone that I found at the White Water Canyon in Iowa.   They might make nice gifts. So off I go affirmed in what I shall do today before I begin my ordinary rhythm of living.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about angels. I love angels. In fact, I have just finised making three little paper angels for my friends granddaughters. I also make little pin angels.

    Have an angelic evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I am going to have to do this. Thanks for the spiritual reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogwood what do your paper angels look like?
    Elizabeth, how nice you stopped by...I placed new stones in the four corners of my property yesterday and asked God to send four large angels to guard our space...all set for winter now. But you are right it is a spiritual reminder
    Come by for tea anytime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I'm in your blog!! I just KNEW you liked me, otherwise why all the scolding. (By the way, I finally sketched).

    Thanks for including these instructions. I am working in the garden today and will do this. And of course need to add this book to my library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elena, how could you ever doubt that you are one of my favorites.
    That book is filled with all kids of goodies. I had to adjust a few things to fit my belief system..but all in all it is fascinating and I do believe, in theory, much of what she says...its basically intuituve stuff. When something feels wrong...something is wrong.
    Sketch everyday...
    I have to write everyday
    what gifts did you put in the corners?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Suz! Glad you talked about this book today. I need it! Well...rocks? "Henri" loves rocks. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...