Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tonight, Pork Roast

It's just the two of us. I don't have to cook anymore.
 We both are struggling with that past middle age battle with the scale. He still has to eat out with clients and such. Me, I have to watch my carbs and take off this past winter's extra pounds...oh, my...winter is coming back isn't it? Well, anyway,tonight I want to make pork roast, potatoes (just a few) ..I'll skip the gravy and corn...but I need the sauerkraut (Frank's) to make the meal complete. Oh, add a side salad and some applesauce, too.
While I was out running errands this morning something in the air took me back to 58th and St. Louis Avenue...childhood.  I was chilly and wet as I walked to my car.....like walking home from school so many years ago.  We could always count on mom to have a tasty hot meal for us when we got there. 
Our favorite was pork roast, mashed potatoes and corn.. thanks mom

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh!! Would my husband ever love to be eating at your house tonight!! I have become such a bored and apathetic cook. I really need to try and do better!! He deserves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Isn't it a good feeling when something comes back to you like that. That happens to me too. And with the pork roast, sometimes I even get my grandma's old heavy heavy aluminum roaster down off the shelf and make the pork roast in that, that I remember, with that dark gooey stuff that roasts on it. yum again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, I so appreciate you sharing your mom and grandma with me. I've adopted them.

    ReplyDelete

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...