Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bowl,Circle

I have collected bowls for as long as I can remember.  There is something in the openess of a bowl that attracts me. Or maybe it is the circle of the rim.
Both are symbols to me, I guess that is why I have filled my house with them.
Bowls receive things. They are holders. Even when they are empty they hold what we cannot see.
Circles exist continuously..no begining no end.
Today when I was out in the yard, I saw the birdbath as both. I paused to see its simple beauty.
Bowl/Circle
It was filled with falling leaves and rainwater.....gifts of an autumn day... for me.
My intent was to drain it and put it away, then I spied a lonely robin hopping under the hawthorns not far from me.
It holds water for him. He has a long journey ahead. 
He will soon begin the cycle of migration...let it begin with my bowl.

1 comment:

If you have landed in my tree..give me a chirp,fluff your feathers...drop... me a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...